Remediation of the Brandheide landfill in Castrop Rauxel
The Brandheide landfill is located just outside of Dortmund. It served as the dumping site for household waste, builder’s rubble, and tar sludge between 1959 and 1972. The landfill site was given a sealed wall measuring about 800 meters, with steel sheet piling measuring up to 10.50 meters in length, for the purposes of collecting groundwater. In order to guarantee the protection of the water in the long term, we coated the sheet piling on both sides and gave it a permanent lock seal.